Monday, April 15, 2013

Supermom or bust!

This morning -- very, very, early on this Monday -- my daughter reminded me that I promised her a Gatorade. It's a special occasion when Gatorade makes an appearance in our kitchen, but I bought it yesterday on our shopping excursion.

The trouble is, at 6 am on on a Monday morning, I have yet to take all the groceries out of the trunk from Sunday grocery shopping.

I'm not one to mention/complain/small talk about the weather, but here is my exception. See, if there are any readers out of the Wisconsin area, just know that it is mid-April and Milwaukee just got snow. Not a lot, but the sight of snow in April is heavy on the soul. It's been cloudy, rainy, cold and my productivity has been WAY under par. My to-do list is ever-growing and if I don't do it, no one else will. There are benefits and drawbacks to single momhood. Being the only adult in the house is often great, and often challenging.

So when my daughters and I returned home from shopping yesterday, I put the refrigerator and freezer items where they belonged and left the rest. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Besides, we had a dinner play date that we were for. But 5-year-old Amp has a sharp memory and clearly remembered the items we bought, and specifically begged for a morning Gatorade.

With two cups of coffee under my belt (but still in my pajamas), I went to the car to fulfill her request. Something was different. The ground was wet, and it smelled like spring! Suddenly , life was different, better, hopeful. The sun is barely out, but it's warm(ish) and spring(like). I'll take it.

I'm starting my Monday with the hope that we can have one great week. Homemade lunches, healthy dinners, a few trips to the gym and maybe attacking some of my to-do list. Oh yeah, and some of the spring cleaning. Get the girls to school on time (all week), get my daughter to her doctor appointment on time, turn in a successful daycare fundraiser, paint my nails, get to work early enough to get rockstar parking at least twice, park properly at home as not to get any more parking tickets, get my wanna-be garden started, rearrange the back yard ..... Yes, it's a good week ahead. Hibernation is over, and Supermom is reemerging! I'll track my progress and post it by the end of the week.







2 comments:

  1. I love you blogging now. It's like my favorite part of MetroParent: your columns, here for me every day.

    ReplyDelete